Connecting to NNENIX
Any entity that meets the technical requirements is encouraged to become a NNENIX member.
First, have a look at our locations list (http://www.nnenix.net/location) to see where to pick up your NNENIX port.
Select a switch port suitable to meet your needs: 1GigE, 10GigE and Nx 10GE (lacp) are common configurations.
Contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We will then contact you to gather all the necessary information and send you a membership agreement and order form to get started.
Once order is placed, NNENIX will forward you a CFA/LOA for you to order a cross-connect into the IX node present in your selected facility. You are responsible for arranging and paying for the cross-connect to reach the IX fabric.
You must have a BGP Autonomous System Number (ASN), and have your own IP address blocks (IPv4 or IPv6 or both)
Ethernet ports into NNENIX are offered in following configurations:
Members supply their own SFP/SFP+
1. Frames forwarded to NNENIX must only have one of the following Ethertypes:
a. 0x0800 – IPv4
b. 0x0806 – ARP
c. 0x86dd – IPv6
Any frames not matching the above Ethertypes will be discarded.
2. All broadcast and Non-IP protocols must be disabled facing the IX fabric, or filtered in some way when disabling is not an option. These include, but are not limited to forwarded DHCP, MOP, Ethernet Keepalives, LLDP, CDP, NetBIOS and IPv6 Router Advertisements.
3. IP Redirects, IP Directed Broadcast and Proxy Protocols including Proxy ARP and IPv6 Proxy Neighbor must be disabled on IX facing interfaces.
4. Layer-2 protocol traffic: spanning-tree must be disabled on IX facing interfaces.
5. All Interior Gateway Protocols (IGPs, such as OSPF, IS-IS, RIP, etc) must be disabled on IXfacing interfaces.
6. Only 1 MAC address is permitted per IX port.
Information Regarding MAC Filtering
As noted under “ Media Access Control” section, rule 6 above, NNENIX only permits 1 MAC address per port. During turn up, member’s routing equipment is put into quarantine status to check for common configuration mistakes and to prove that it is suitably configured to participate in the peering fabric. Once verified, member is placed out of quarantine, moved into production VLAN, and the MAC address of member’s routing equipment will be noted and configured. The configured MAC address will stay locked and enforced using L2 ACL. No frames with different source MAC addresses are allowed to enter the peering fabric.